OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Safety Course
(Certified by OSHA)
Course duration: 30 hours as a minimum
This course for those professions who are interested in obtaining an official OSHA completion certificate, where attendees will be introduced to OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety and health principles covered in OSHA Act Part 1910. Special emphasis will be placed on areas most hazardous using OSHA standards as a guide.
Upon successful completion of this OSHA accepted course, the attendees will receive an official OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach course completion card.
Who should attend:
This course is ideal for engineers, safety managers, safety committees' members, supervisors with safety and health responsibilities, and for employee safety and health awareness.
Those with prior experience working in factories and production lines will be an added benefit to the group as others may benefit from their valuable input.
- At the end of this training course the trainees shall be able to:
- State the purpose of the OSHA Act and list the function of OSHA
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of employer and employees under the OSHA Act
- Understand the requirements for compliance with the various general industry standards
- Identify workplace hazards and implement controlling measures.
- Work in a safer manner.
Program Training Methods:
- Theoretical Lectures (Power Point Presentations)
- Team Participation
- Practical Workshops
To effectively interact with the attendants, an LC projector, and a flip chart with markers need to be provided to the trainer.
Attendees shall receive the Basic Industrial Safety training manual.
|Introduction to OSHA||2.0|
|Walking and Working Surfaces||1.0|
|Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plan and Fire Prevention||2.0|
|Hazardous Material Handling||2.0|
|Personal Protective Equipment||4.0|
|Flammable and Combustible Liquids||2.0|
|Welding and Cutting||2.0|
|Confined Space Entry||2.0|
|Safety and Health Program||4.0|