What is IOSH:
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is a British organization for health and safety professionals. It has over 32,000 members, including 12,000 Chartered Safety and Health Practitioners, While principally a UK-based organization, the Institution also has an expanding international membership, with members in over 50 other countries. The Institution was founded in 1945 and is an independent, not-for-profit organization. As well as setting professional standards, the Institution supports and develops members and has publications providing advice and guidance on health and safety issues.
The “IOSH managing safely” course is for those required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organizations policy and best practice in health and safety.
The course aims to ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers, and to enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to ensure safety in the workplace.
IOSH Managing Safely Course Benefits
- Promotes good practice and safer working environments
- Can help to reduce insurance premiums and minimize the risk of litigation
- Valued by environmental health professionals
- Developed to nationally recognized standards
- Accredited training extends the duration of employment and reduces recruitment costs.
IOSH Managing Safely Syllabus
- Module 1 – Introduction to IOSH Managing Safely
- Module 2 – Assessing Risks
- Module 3 – Risk assessment and risk control
- Module 4 – Health and safety legislation
- Module 5 – Identifying hazards
- Module 6 – Investigating accidents & Incidents
- Module 7 – Safety management systems
- Module 8 – Protecting your working environment
Who should attend?
Safety officers, Safety consultant, Health and safety managers, Managers, Engineers, Site Supervisors, Auditors, Trainers and Assessors.
Your Trainer Ms. Sharon Harwood Certified IOSH trainer.
Duration: 4 Days
Entry requirements: None
IOSH Qualification Level: IOSH Certificate from UK