Outline for the course
RELIANCE WAY, JORDAN, accredited centre 707
THE NEBOSH INTERNATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATE IN
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (IGC)
This international leading qualification will assist aspiring Arabs health & safety professionals to identify, prevent and manage the critical risks found in workplaces across Jordan and GCC region. It will assist you to contribute in reducing deaths, injuries and ill health and as a result save your business money, preserve reputation and increase chances of winning tenders. This course will cover both ILO Conventions and Health & Safety Law.
2. Objectives& Benefits to Delegates
- Increase your Health & Safety Knowledge and Skill so you can Discharge More effectively your duties.
- Reduce losses and costs to your organization that arise from Accidents, ill-Health and injury.
- Formulate, implement, monitor and review Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Conduct Risk Assessments and Inspections to international standard.
- Perform workplace Health and Safety Inspections & Internal Audits according to BS OHSAS 18001
- Improve the lives of your workforce by reducing the risks they are Exposed to
- BS OHSAS 18001,ILO Conventions and General Health & Safety Law
- Writing and Implementing a Policy and Organizing for Health and Safety
- Promoting a Positive Health and Safety Culture
- Risk Assessments-Qualitative & Quantitative Techniques
- Human Factors and Reducing Human Error
- Movement of People and Vehicles Hazards and Control
- Manual and Mechanical Handling Hazards and Control
- Work Equipment Hazards and Control
- Electrical Hazards and Control
- Fire& Explosion Hazards and Control
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Control
- Construction Activities Hazards and Control
- Incident Investigation, Recording and Reporting
- Monitoring, Review and Audit Report Writing
4. Qualifications Obtained
Successful candidates will be awarded the NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health.
5. Method of Assessment
For the NEBOSH exam, delegates are required to sit two 2 hour question papers and perform a health and safety inspection followed by a written report. Both parts must be passed in order to obtain the Certificate.
6. Course Duration : Ten Days plus two days for Revision and Exams
7. Who should attend?
Managers, Safety officers ,Engineers, Site Supervisors, Safety Inspectors, safety managers, Auditors, Trainers and Assessors
8. Your Trainer
Ms Sharon Harwood from UK. Senior Health & Safety Lecturer: Reliance Way-Jordan
9. Post Nominal
The NEBOSH and IOSH courses are international standard and highly regarded worldwide. Successful candidates who pass the NEBOSH Exam can apply to IOSH for ‘Technician Member ‘status (and use the designation ‘Tech IOSH’) or apply for ‘Affiliate’ Membership. In addition, successful candidates who pass the NEBOSH exam can apply to the UK’s International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM) for Affiliate Membership (and use the designation ‘AIIRSM’).
10. Further Studies
After completing this course, successful candidates can embark on the NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety which is a post graduate level program lasting 18 months